½ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup dried bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 (8-ounce) ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, water drained and sliced into 12 pieces
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
Salt and pepper
1 26 oz. jar of Terlato Kitchen Pomodoro Sauce
1 pound spaghetti pasta
½ Tablespoon chopped Italian Parsley, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F
- Place the eggplant rings in a colander, season with salt and pepper on both sides and set aside.
- In shallow plates, or pie tins, place the flour in one, the eggs in one and the bread crumbs mixed with half of the parmesan in another.
- Dredge the seasoned eggplant rings first in the flour, followed by the eggs and finally the bread crumb mixture.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Working in batches, gently cook the eggplant rings on both sides until golden brown and set aside.
- Heat the Terlato Kitchen Pomodoro sauce in a large sauté pan. Place crisp eggplant rings in the tomato sauce. Place a slice of the mozzarella on each of the eggplant rings and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente and drain.
- On a serving platter, or individual plates, place pasta first followed by sauce and eggplant.Garnish with parsley and parmesan. Serve.