½ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup dried bread crumbs
2 tbs olive oil
1 (8-ounce) ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, water drained and sliced into 4 pieces
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
1 24 oz. jar of Terlato Kitchen Pomodoro Sauce
1 lb spaghetti pasta
½ tbs chopped Italian Parsley, for garnish
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until about 1/3 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using shallow plates or pie tins, place the flour in one, the eggs in one, and the bread crumbs mixed with half of the parmesan in another.
- Dredge the seasoned chicken first in the flour, followed by the eggs and finally the bread crumb mixture.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Working in batches, gently cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown and set aside.
- Heat the Terlato Kitchen Pomodoro in a large sauté pan. Place crisp chicken breast in the tomato sauce. Place a slice of the mozzarella on each piece of chicken and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente and drain.
- On a serving platter or individual plates, place pasta first followed by sauce and chicken breast. Garnish with parsley, parmesan and serve.